Houston Attorneys with Years of Litigation Experience Including Two Supreme Court Victories
U.S. immigration laws can be confusing and frustrating especially in situations that do not easily fit within the structure of current immigration laws. This is when Gonzalez Olivieri LLC steps in to navigate the law and the system to find practical and effective solutions to complex immigration matters.
From analysis of legal options to complex litigation and cases before the Supreme Court of the United States, attorney Raed Gonzalez can be trusted to efficiently assess and develop legal options and strategies for the most zealous advocacy on behalf of his clients.
Gonzalez Olivieri LLC’s litigation team deals with difficult fact and legal analysis to find options for our clients. To analyze your case, the firm offers:
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to all relevant government agencies to research past immigration violations or incidents with government officials
- FBI Fingerprints requests, to identify all relevant arrests and/or criminal matters in a case
- Waiver application preparation for unlawful presence, false claims to citizenship, criminal, fraud and other grounds of inadmissibility
- Administrative Appeals, including those with the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)
- Representation at interviews before U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials and deferred inspection appointments before U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) officials
Consultation on Immigration Consequences of Crimes
When foreign nationals find themselves in trouble with law enforcement, Gonzalez Olivieri LLC’s litigation team advises on how criminal charges can affect their immigration status. Such matters can have disastrous results for non-U.S. citizens. The firm provides the following services:
- Analysis and assistance to criminal defense attorneys for beneficial plea agreements and negotiations with prosecutors
- Basic immigration training for members of the Criminal Defense Bar
Defense from Removal in Immigration Court
Gonzalez Olivieri LLC’s litigation team represents clients in Immigration Court with a variety of legal claims. Gonzalez Olivieri LLC has respectful and professional relationships with local immigration judges and government attorneys. Attorney Gonzalez represents clients with many types of cases, including:
- Withholding of Removal
- Relief under the Convention Against Torture Act
- Termination of Removal Proceedings
- Cancellation of Removal for Residents and Non-Residents
- Adjustment of Status
- Various Waivers under INA
- Temporary Protected Status
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Petitions
Federal Court Representation
Sometimes issues cannot be resolved solely in Immigration Court and further court proceedings are needed. Gonzalez Olivieri LLC’s litigation team skillfully represents clients in appeals and filings before the following courts:
- Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal, including the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 9th Circuits Courts of Appeals
- Federal District Courts throughout the United States
- U.S. Supreme Court
Expert Witness Services
Gonzalez Olivieri LLC has served as expert witnesses in a variety of cases in civil and criminal courts. The firm has provided expert testimony in the following types of criminal and civil cases:
- Habeas hearing to vacate an involuntary guilty plea, specifically outlining the immigration consequences to such a plea
- Bond and detention procedures, including ICE procedures
- Divorce proceedings regarding immigration issues
- Expert on immigration for the State Bar of Texas
Court Admissions and Published Cases
Raed Gonzalez, JD, LLM is a member ofPro Bono College, Member College of the State Bar of Texas, Member State Bar of Texas, Member of the Puerto Rico Bar Association, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, US District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and the Supreme Court of the U.S. His published precedent decisions include Manuel Flores Ledezma v. Gonzalez,415 F.3d 375, 380 (5th Cir. 2005) (the first case to interpret the real ID Act in the 5th Circuit), Perez-Pimentel v. Mukasey, 530 F.3d 321 (5th Cir. 2008), McCarthy v. Mukasey, 555 F.3d 459, 462 (5th Cir. 2009) (where he challenged the visa waiver entrants rights to adjust status), and most notably on his win before the U.S. Supreme Court of the U.S. in Dada v. Mukasey, 128 S. Ct. 2307, 2319 (2008) and most recently on his second grant of certiorari before the Supreme Court of the US on a collaborative effort in Alexis v. Holder, No. 09-955, _____ S.Ct. ____, 2010 (June 21, 2010).
Gonzalez Olivieri LLC’s litigation team participates in direct outreach to local, state and federal political leaders to advocate for practical and responsible immigration laws. They regularly speak at conferences, educational events, debates and town hall meetings in the community and also conduct small group meetings with key policy makers.
Contact a Texas immigration lawyer who can help you
Call Gonzalez Olivieri LLC at 713-481-3040 or contact the firm online.